Sunday, May 17, 2015

One Year Older...

I spoke to a complete stranger recently and mentioned that I was turning one year older this week, and they congratulated me as is considered cordial,  but I mentioned that I wasn't excited. I am considered a young adult, but I don't finding it enjoyable, I find it horrifying.

For me, each year reminds me that I haven't completed all I want. And each birthday reminds me I won't be here forever to complete the things that I have been putting off. I'm not afraid of growing old, more I'm afraid grownup and having to be an adult.

Call it peter pan syndrome, but its me having to grow up, and do the mundane things in life such as pay taxes, and spending a weekend clean your house.

Pray for me, I'm a bit down about this.

-Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment