Monday, January 22, 2018

Dear man on bus....

Tonight, at 9:30pm when we were on route for the parking lots. You probably saw me and thought I looked cute or pretty, that in deed was what I was going for 8 hours previous. I had run to get on the bus and was happy to have just barely made it. When you got on, I didn't notice anything different about you, honestly in this moment I can't remember anything but race, age range and gender. I was talking with my friend and look over. You decide to hold my gaze and wink....

You did not know that in this time I am terrified of men after dark. You did not know I was already a little stressed from that day. You did not know that I have a past with being an abuse victim.

You did not know that wink felt like a punch to the gut.

Maybe you were just being friendly, but after dark it doesn't feel friendly anymore to a woman, it almost feels like a threat.

Thoughts from a broken human.

No comments:

Post a Comment