Monday, July 15, 2013

Natural Moisturizers for Hair and summer hair stuff!

from all the chlorine and salt water I go through in the summer,  I have really dry hair,
not to mention I use a lot of heat tools, especially hair straighteners! I use heat protection
sprays, I use CHI heat sprays, I've used their Iron Guard, and their Shine Infusion, both
work pretty good, but for my natural freak friends out there, like me, I found this recipe for
a hair mask, it's a bit pricey but the's products are always available in my house because
they are used for everyday things already.
  • Coconut Oil
  • Raw spun honey
I mix the two together and put it in warm wet hair and treat it as a conditioner it works well.
I leave mine in as long as I can. You should wash it out though, the coconut oil makes your
hair thicker and more the color it is. The honey gives vitamins to your hair and seals in the moister.

also here is something I will be testing when my shampoo runs out is using Baking Soda and lemon juice, I was given a good idea for a cheep good way of cleaning your hair. 
You just just get the baking soda mixed up with water and wash your hair with that, then
rinse it all out, then apply the lemon juice. Your hair will be dry after, but that's why I have
 that natural conditioner! also if you don't have money for the coconut oil you can use
Chamomile Tea. Steep the tea and work it in your hair. It's just tea, so you can leave it in,
it supposed to make your hair really soft, we'll see what it does to mine!

I did find that baking soda can be used as a dry conditioner, you can do the same thing with
 baby powder but you have the risk of smelling like baby powder! and Baking soda doesn't
really smell like anything, if you have brown hair, you can mix cinnamon with it and work it in
 your hair like dry shampoo. If you have differently colored then I don't know, I am blond. ^^
enjoy! let me know how it works for you if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment