Monday, July 29, 2013

When ur doing an open house...

So I recently did a graduation open house,
I have 5 tips for you! I took note of things I should have done differently, but you only graduate high school once so I'm probably going to have to think of this in a few year, when I have kids graduating! That won't be for a while.
  1. Send out actual invitations that people will remember. I did a facebook announcement and an announcement at my church that morning.
  2. Have a long playlist to play while you're having your open house if you are playing music, not CDs, unless you have a multi CD player. it saves you from a lot of running around
  3. Have a place to put the cards! there will be many cards that day, you will want a box!
  4. Get people to help with the food, it makes it easier on you and your family, ask someone to add to your food. Same with set up, ask people to help, there are some people who love to help!
  5. If you have a Power Point make it fully automatic, saves running around!
Some of these are things I did and recommend, but some are things that I had to do, like restarting things, power points, music, I had a short playlist, and was running back and forth to fix that and eat lunch and talk to people and restart the overhead and then back to talking to people.
use this info! it saves!

No comments:

Post a Comment