Monday, August 3, 2015

Being Asked Out...

That moment when you receive a message like "Hey, I wanted to ask when we first met, but I was wondering if we could go out or something." you as a person have the choice to say "Yes" or "No."

I have only ever been asked out twice, and each time I have said "I'm sorry, but I don't date." Not because I wouldn't want to but because I'd prefer not to date people I'm not close friends with. But every time I've said no, I get this stabbing pain in my gut, like guilt. As if it is a crime to say what I say.

One other time I was nearly asked out, the guy asked for my phone number, he was like the male version of me, he was a writer, and my response to this young man who I was attracted to was "I don't own a phone... Sorry." he almost left his phone there, and if I hadn't said anything I would have had his home number.

Life man, I don't date, and every time I've gotten asked out or the one time they asked for my phone, I say stuff like that. What young adult woman does this? right.

Share if you care to I'd love to hear from you guys.

-Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment