Friday, February 15, 2013

To the Musicians

From one musician to another,
Do not get discouraged, music is your passion, it may seem redundant to just play in your own house, but here is the definition of Musician:

musicians  plural of mu·si·cian (Noun)

Noun
  1. A person who is talented or skilled in music.
  2. A person who plays a musical instrument, esp. professionally.

So even if you don't play shows, events or for people beyond your family, you are still a musician, there are some people that are so discouraged from not going anywhere with their music. I understand completely, I am a guitarist with a stack of songs to learn and am still learning them, I revived them last year, they are what I need to learn in order to play for my youth group just as a leader or to accompany. I am not amazing at playing and I know minimal theory with music.
I encourage you even if you never go anywhere with your music, or gain anything: play for what you believe in, play it for yourself. You know this for a purpose, DO. NOT. GIVE.  UP. there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

-Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment