Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Becoming a Girl... part 2

I started my last B.A.G. (So ironic lol) post with Growing up...
I almost did that this post, but here we go again.
When I got into the early stages of young womanhood, there were things I didn't know, things I wasn't taught... don't worry this has nothing to do with the lovely lady problems that men don't want to hear about.

My Grandma grew up in a time where there were only 2-3 beauty creams, women wore dresses all the time. Women curled their hair in hot curlers nearly every day, red lipstick was definitly making its mark.
What she didn't know, and didn't teach my Mom was the things I had to figure out by myself. Like how to do eyeliner without looking like you have black eyes, and that applying deodorant more then once a day is a good thing... Facial moisturizer was a mystery to my house, as well as exfoliating your face.

With extended research and youtube videos aiding me, I got better, learned what facial primer was for, and learned the "Proper" way to do makeup. I still don't do my hair if I can get away with it, love the days I go makeup less, and wear sneakers as much as possible. (I stubbed my toe before prom then wore my really high heels, that was three weeks ago and I'm still feeling it.)

I might do more of these blogs, I quite enjoy them.

-Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment