Saturday, February 14, 2015

What Valentine's Day means to me...

During the time of Empire Claudias, Father Frank O'Gara, or St. Valentine, known for marrying young people illegally, due to the fact that Empire Claudias wanted unlimited amounts of solders
who wouldn't be distracted by wives or children. He was sent to prison and killed, but before he was killed, the daughter of one of his judges, was blind. and it is said that he prayed for her and healed her. Thus Valentine's Day.

But what Valentine's Day means to me.

I do not have a significant other, and therefore I do not anyone to celebrate this holiday with. So, over the years, my Mom showed me a different way to go through this holiday, I cleaned the kitchen, baked cookies, made a pie, and set everything up for breakfast, so its like a mini Christmas, or Easter. More for blessing them then anything else.

It's about blessing people on this day, because its about loving people. Not just one person, it's about those I love.

-Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment